Ingredients: (makes 12 pieces)
125g / 4oz Burren smoked Salmon of Knowledge – finely chopped
1/2 x 375g / 12oz packet frozen puff pastry – defrosted
375 ml / 12 fl oz / 1 1/2 cup heaved (thickened) cream
3 middlesized eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pinch of grated nutmeg
Extra smoked salmon, dill sprigs and black caviar to garnish
Smoked Salmon Quiche
- Roll out the pastry thinly and cut into 24 rounds with a 6.5 cm (2 1/2in.) cutter.
- Line greased patty tins with the pastry rounds.
- Beat the eggs with the cream, salt and nutmeg until well mixed.
- Stir in the salmon.
- Spoon the mixture into the pastry cases, ensuring that the salmon is evenly distributed.
- Bake at 200°C (400°F / Gas 6) for 10 – 15 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Serve warm.
Note: For large parties, the quiches may be cooked in advance, removed from the tins and chilled. To re-heat, place on flat trays and warm at 200°C (400°F / Gas 6) for five minutes.