Ingredients: ( serves 4 )
1 1/2 cups or 350ml warm water (ca. 110°F or 45°C)
1 1/2 tablespoons or 25g sugar
3 teaspoons or 15ml active dry yeast (about 1 1/2 envelopes)
4 1/2 cups or 560g all purpose flour
4 1/2 tablespoons or 70ml olive oil + some for greasing
2 1/4 teaspoons or 10g salt
Pizza with Smoked Salmon and Caramalised Onions
- Brush large bowl with oil. Mix warm water and sugar in processor. Sprinkle yeast over; stir to dissolve. Let stand until mixture bubbles, about 10 minutes. Add flour, 4 1/2 tablespoons oil, and salt. Process 1 minute.
- Transfer dough to floured surface; knead until smooth, about 5 minutes. Transfer to prepared bowl, turning to coat with oil. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let dough rise in warm draft-free area until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Sprinkle flour over rimmed baking sheet. Divide dough into 6 equal portions; roll each into ball. Space dough balls evenly on baking sheet. Place a damp tea towel over dough. Refrigerate 1 hour before rolling and baking. This recipe provides plenty of dough, so feel free to use less at the baking stage.
300gr of Burren Smokehouse Salmon of Knowledge, thinly sliced
4 brown onions, sliced
1/2 cup or 120ml of sour cream
2 tbs of capers
4 tbs or 60ml of olive oil
Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Pre-heat the oven to 300°F or 150°C.
- Slice the onions thinly and evenly. Heat oil over a medium-high heat in a large, heavy-based fry-pan. Add the onions and saute until a deep golden brown. This process will take about 25 minutes. Start frying the onions on a medium heat and then gradually lower the heat. Stir the onions occasionally and make sure they don’t burn.
- Roll out the dough and then brush will a little olive oil on both sides. Place dough on a baking tray and then bake for 10-15 minutes. Bubbles may rise in the dough but just pop them once the dough is cooked.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and then top with caramelized onions, and smoked salmon. Sprinkle on capers, dill and top with sour cream.
- Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkle of sea salt.