Ingredients: (Serves 4)
600g or 1 1/3 lb Burren Hot smoked Spiced Salmon, cut into pieces
2 litres or 2 quarts mixed salad greens washed and torn (for ex. romaine, red leaf, chinese cabbage, escarole or watercress)
12 x asparagus stalks cooked and chilled
Tarragon Honey Mustard Dressing:
1 x garlic clove minced or pressed
60ml or 1/4 cup olive oil, preferably virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tbl white wine vinegar
2 tbl Dijon-style mustard
1 tsp honey (runny)
3/4 tsp dried tarragon leaves
1/8 tsp freshly-ground black pepper
salt to taste
Salad with Burren Hot Smoked Salmon
With Tarragon Honey Mustard Dressing
For the dressing:
- Combine all the ingredients, except the salt, in a small bowl and whisk until blended.
- Add salt to taste. Let stand 30 minutes or overnight to blend flavors.
- Meanwhile toss the salad greens with two-thirds of the dressing.
- Arrange the greens on individual plates. Arrange the asparagus around the edges.
- Slice the Hot Smoked Salmon into strips and arrange them on top of the greens.
- Drizzle them equally with remaining dressing and serve.