Ingredients:( serves 2 )
4 organic or free-range eggs
100ml crème fraîche
4 sprigs chives, finely chopped
100gr Burren Smokehouse Organic cold Smoked Salmon
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Toasted brioche or fresh baguette to serve
Poached Eggs with Smoked Salmon
So delicious to eat on a lazy Sunday morning with a pot of coffee, the Sunday papers and good company. With thanks to Clodagh McKenna – a recipe from her new book “ Fresh from the Sea
Place a saucepan of salted water on to boil.
- When the water has come to the boil, stir the water with a spoon. While the water ist still swirling, break in your eggs as close to the water as possible (the swirling water and breaking the eggs close to the water both help to form the perfect poached egg).
- Reduce the heat and allow the eggs to poach for 4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a plate.
- Wrap each egg in a slice of smoked salmon, place a dollop of crème fraîche on top and sprinkle with the finely chopped chives.
- Season with salt and papper and serve with toasted brioche or freshly baked baguette.
- TIP: You can also use scrambled eggs for this recipe instead of poached eggs. Just make sure you add a little knob of butter to the scrambled eggs before you take them off the heat.