12 Eggs (try quail eggs for the taste)
2 tsp hot horseradish or 4 tsp horseradish sauce
200 ml crème fraîche
8 slices toast
150g wild rocket
4 tsp olive oil for drizzling
2 lemons, each cut into 6 wedges
Freshly ground pepper, salt
Christmas Smoked Salmon with Egg
This is a quick starter to serve before your Christmas dinner. It is tasty, takes only a few minutes and will impress your guests!
- Add the eggs to a pan of boiling water.
- Bring back to the boil and simmer for 2 1/2 minutes.
- Drain and cool under running water.
- Peel, rinse and dry them.
- Just before serving, mix the horseradish into the crème fraîche in the carton, then put a heaped teaspoonful on each plate.
- Start toasting the bread.Halve the eggs.
- Arrange the salmon and eggs on the plate, then add a few rocket leaves on top.
- Drizzle each plate with a little olive oil and squeeze lemon juice over, saving 8 lemon wedges for garnish.
- Grind black pepper over the eggs and salad, sprinkle salt over the eggs if desired.
- Serve with the toast.